Front-End WordPress Developer
About the Position
You will work as part of a small, engaged team of project managers, designers, and programmers to do front-end programming on websites and a variety of digital projects. The work is fast-paced and includes a mixture of team collaboration and working on your own. We are selective about the types of clients we work with, and in a typical work week you will be focused on a handful of client projects.
- Full WordPress sites
- Elegant and simple code that is easy to update and is clearly documented
- Big ideas for our clients to innovate in their industries
- Projects completed on time and on budget
A Day In The Life
Grab a cup of coffee and start the morning with a 7-minute team huddle that gets everyone on the same page for the day. From there, it’s on to projects! It’ll be up to you to manage your assigned tasks and deadlines (with support, of course).
You might spend the morning building out a feature for an existing client, then take a break and stretch your legs while grabbing some curry across the street. After that, there are likely to be some small tasks assigned from the Account Managers, so you could spend an hour or so knocking those out.
Throw in a Creative Team meeting and work on the next subpage in the site you are building, and your day is over! Hop on your bike or the MAX and enjoy the evening in our gorgeous city.
We're Looking for Someone With...
- Plug-in creation and maintenance experience
- High-level knowledge of best practices in site security measures
- Working knowledge of SSL
Year 1 Success Metrics
- Build 3 complete websites from start to finish
- Contribute one high value plug-in extension to our core Credit Union install
- 70% or greater personal billable time each week
- Do you have 5+ years’ experience with front-end development and WordPress?
- Do you love thinking up a level and seeing the big picture for what you are working on?
- Do you love collaborating and creating new things as a team?
- Can you manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail?
- Can you manage your own time effectively and work well with a team to make sure projects stay on schedule and budget?
- Do you get as excited to finish a project as you do to start it?
- Are you a voracious learner looking for a growth opportunity?
- Do you love burritos? (Okay, not actually required.)
- If you’re not sure about your answer to any of these questions, are you excited by the challenge of learning how to develop these new skills?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to meet you!
By the way, we think this position is perfect for you if…
You are a skilled freelance developer who wants to leave behind the drudgery of contracting administration and finding clients, and instead do what you love with a small, tight-knit team of people who will push you and themselves to do great work and have fun at the same time.
Our Hiring Process
We have a more thorough hiring process than most. This is because we believe that the cost of a mis-hire is enormous to both an individual and a company. Our process consists of several hours of interviews, an analysis of your career history, and reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our process. We want you to find the ideal position for your skillset and strengths.
How to Apply
If you know you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by sending an email to email@example.com with:
- Your resume
- A brief cover letter
- An example of code you’ve written that you’re really proud of!
- Which of our core values resonated the most with you
No phone calls, please. We look forward to reviewing your application!